Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Homemade Hand Scrub


Ladies,

How many of you use Mary Kay or Bath & Body Hand scrub? I know I do (I mean .. I did). Going thru all the pins on Pinterest I found a ton of homemade sugar scrubs... all of which needed about 4 or more ingredients. I love to make things but these days I don’t like to spend a lot of time or money for them ;) Well, I was in luck... I happened to stumble on this pin for homemade sugar hand scrub that only included 2... Yes I said 2... Ingredients.

http://pinterest.com/pin/108438303498649493/

It said it was just like Mary Kay hand scrub... well I am a bit of a pessimist, so I did not totally believe it. I went to the local store and bought the 2 ingredients... Dawn soap (with Oil of Olay) and sugar. Found some jars I had here at home and embarked on a journey that I was sure was due failure.

Let’s just say I was pleasantly surprised.... it works and it works great! I made some for my mom, her friend and some of my friends in the moms group. Everyone that uses it loves it. I added a cute little saying on the top and a ribbon to add the "Tina Touch". By time I was done it cost about $3 for 8oz of it... that is far cheaper than any Mary Kay I have ever bought.

So if you are looking for an inexpensive gift for a lady in your life, this one is a HIT !!!

P.S. - I do know a couple of men who have used this as well.. its great for removing grease and grime.


No comments:

Post a Comment