Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School

Good Morning Everyone,

Sorry for the big gap in posts... as some of you know we have recently moved from Michigan to Florida and with all the packing..moving.. and unpacking I have to say that I neglected my blog.

Worry no more, I am back ;)

Currently I am a SAHM... and LOVING it... so I have the ability to craft all day :)

Down here school starts in August, so I have had school on the brain. I wanted to send a cute little something to my friends kids back home. Seeing these cute paper bag card/envelope ideas on Pinterest (yes I am addicted) my creative juices started flowing. I made 2 iterations of these.. one for teenage girls and one for pre-teen boys.

Teenage Girl ones:
 
Here are the basic steps:
 
1. Take the 5x7 paper bag fold it almost in half
2. Found some cute pattern paper and cut it to fit the front of the envelope
3. Inked the edges to match the color combo
4. Sewed the edges of both the pattern paper and the paper bag (no glue.. it will mess up your machine)
4. Then I cut some white and corresponding card stock, added a ribbon and left a cute sentiment for the girls.
5. Found a ribbon that matched and tied it around the whole card/envelope
6. I added some of the cute litte magnetic clothespins I make (See earlier post under Teacher Appreciation gifts)
7. Lastly I added some cute little notepad and a pencil that I found at my local Walmart.
 
Pre-Teen Boys:
 
 
For the pre-teen ones,  I made them the same with the exception of the sewing; I only glued the edges... and then stapled a cute ribbon to the edge to make sure they did not come unglued.
 
Hope you like them.... the kids who received them did :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment