Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Halloween Toppers


Hi!

Like I said earlier, we have recently moved to Florida. If anyone is from Florida or been to Florida in the summer you will know that people generally spend the summer inside. This is great if you have lived here for a while, but when you are new to the area and want to meet people... not so much. The way we overcame this was to find and join some meet-up groups.

We found some... joined some... and meet some great people. Why am I telling you this, well because one of the groups is a Moms group and one of the things we do is have MNI (Mom's Night In). I Love to host and plan parties; so I decided to host a MNI where we make some Halloween Toppers for our kid’s class.

I know this sounds like a lot of babbling but I just wanted to give you all a heads up on why I am posting Halloween Toppers in August :)

Now to the Halloween Toppers...

BOO & Witch Way to the Candy Halloween Toppers


 

Here are the basic steps:

BOO

1 Cut black base cardstock to 4 1/4 x 5

2. Score the base at 2 1/2 giving you a 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 card

3. Cut strips of white cardstock in various widths... I uses approx. 1/4 inch plus or minus a bit

4. On the computer type the word BOO and print out

5. Glue the white strips of paper in random patterns

6. Ink the edge of BOO with a grey ink

7. Add googley eyes

8. Add a cute sentiment on the back



Witch Way to the Candy

1. Cut base cardstock to 4 1/4 x 5 (I used a Green I had)

2. Score the base at 2 1/2 giving you a 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 card

3. Cut out the Witch boots 2" from the Happy Hauntings Cricut Cartridge

4. On the computer type the words "Witch way to the CANDY" and print out (I used CK Fonts)

5. Adhere one boot on the base

6. Using Pop Dots, adhere the 2nd boot

7. Use liquid glaze on the black part of the boots

8. Ink the edge of Witch way to the Candy with an ink that matches your boots

9. Add a cute sentiment on the back




I then used some Halloween Bags I had from Target last year and filled with candy then folded over and stapled to the toppers.


No comments:

Post a Comment